Hello everyone! My name is David Hawkins, I am 44 years old, married to a beautiful woman named Tirza for 20 wonderful years. We have 4 great kids ranging in age from 15 years old to 9 year old twins. Needless to say our lives are pretty busy, filled with lots of love and lots of fun. We wouldn’t want it any other way.
I am a physical therapist and Certified Stength and Conditioning Specialist for the last 17 years and prior to receiving my masters degree, I worked in the PT industry since high school. I have experienced both sides of the equation. I have been a patient recovering from injury and a therapist providing the treatment to others needing help. I can honestly say that I enjoy being on the therapist side more than the patient side. But, being a previous patient also helps me understand what my patients are going through.
Over the years I have had thousands of questions from friends, family, and patients regarding their health and fitness. Here is a small sampling of a few of those questions:
- What can I do about the pain that starts in my back and runs down my leg?
- My knee is bothering me when I run down hill, what do you recommend?
- What exercises are best for carpal tunnel?
- I am experiencing neck pain at work and I don’t understand why. What should I do?
- I am trying to lose weight, is there a program that you recommend?
- Now that I am done with therapy, what should I do?
- I experience foot pain in the morning when I first get up, what does that mean?
- Do you take supplements and do they really work?
- I am scheduled for rotator cuff surgery next week, what can I expect in terms of recovery?
- My doctor says losing weight will help my back and knees but I don’t know where to start, can you help?
- My headaches are getting worse and I don’t know how I got them, or how to stop them. What should I do?
Through my experience I have helped thousands of individuals with these and other questions recover from injury and improve their lives. Along the way I have witnessed remarkable achievements, and some failures. These experiences have helped me formulate different keys to success when it comes to dealing with the human body. My hope is that I can continue to educate others and become a source of information for those seeking answers to questions.
With the right knowledge and the proper application of that knowledge, we can overcome obstacles that once appeared insurmountable.
I look forward to helping as many people as I can in one of life’s great journeys. Discovering the keys to unlocking your own health and fitness.
To Your Success!!