17235 North 75th Ave Suite E-145
Glendale, AZ 85308
The holidays are a great time to celebrate with family and friends but they are also associated with an abundance of food and a decrease in physical activity. This can cause weight gain, which may be associated with some additional aches and pains.
• Always try to plan your menu, including snaking or dining out, at least two to three days ahead
• Be conscious about what you eat at all times
• Always exercise at least two to three times a week
• Limit alcohol intake
• Drink more water
• Indulge in your favorite foods, but in moderation
• Find ways to make physical activity a part of your fun family holiday experience
• Change your workouts to keep yourself motivated
• Savor the flavor of holiday foods – opt for quality, not quantity
• Learn to say “no” to certain foods and don’t give in to the social pressures of food consumption
With a little bit of self-control and discipline you can make this one of the healthiest holiday seasons ever.
Physical activity is extremely important at this time of the year, given the inevitable increase in calorie intake during the holidays.
Diet is just one part of the equation, which is why physical therapy is so important. Physical therapy can play a valuable role in helping you stay healthy and pain free this holiday season. It’s a good idea to schedule an appointment with your physical therapist to learn a safe, effective exercise program to maintain optimum muscle strength and flexibility. When you combine discipline in your diet with a personalized exercise program, the holidays can become a time of great rejuvenation.
Physical therapy can help relieve aches and pains with a combination of exercise and (possibly) massage. Massage can help relieve tight muscles and boost blood circulation. Give us a call right away and we’ll work with you to make this a healthy, happy, and safe holiday season. Our highly skilled, licensed physical therapists have been specially trained to help you enjoy the holiday season with a structured exercise and massage therapy program.
Come to our clinic and enjoy a professional and relaxing environment. Let us help you make this a healthy holiday season.
Your Friendly Staff,
Achieve Physical Therapy